Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Corn On The Cob With A Smoky Spice Rub


Summertime. Long hot days, suntanned feet, and fresh vegetables to the local farmers market. Our summertime Saturday mornings get the added bonus of a morning walk down our street to see what goodies the local farmers have brought to sell. Last Saturday, Alaina and I headed down just the two of us. A mommy-daughter morning. We were having friends over for dinner that night and I was hoping to come across something that would inspire a side dish to accompany my meal plan. After a stop in to our coffee shop for a cup of coffee and a chocolate milk, we made our way and found just the inspiration I was looking for.  Along with some organic bing cherries, I found beautiful fresh corn on the cob. I quickly added it to my mental meal plan which included Fajita burritos with seasoned shredded chicken and chips with salsa. Pleasantly inspired, the tex-mex theme took my thoughts towards some sort of spice rub for the corn. It would be an experiment but sometimes some of the greatest meals turn up that way. Well it worked! It made this fresh summertime side dish into the star of the meal!

Ingredients:
2-3 tsp of Cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Alaina approved!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment