Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"As Healthy As They Get" Brownies


 When you just want a brownie..... I know you have those days too. Here's a quick recipe that, when you simply switch a few ingredients, gives you the freedom to eat the brownie in peace. Maybe even two brownies, imagine that!
 
 
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
 
Ingredients:
1/3 cup melted coconut oil (I use the kind that does NOT smell like coconut)
6 TBSP cocoa
1 TBSP brewed coffee
3 eggs
1 cup unbleached sugar
1 TBSP plain yogurt
almost 1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup plus half of 1/3 cup garbanzo bean flour (or unbleached all purpose flour)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Add a few tablespoons of coconut oil in a small pan, heat until liquified. Measure 1/3 cup into a bowl. (If you need a bit more, just add it into the warm liquid coconut oil and it will melt along with it.) Whisk in cocoa and coffee. Set asidez
Combine the rest of the ingredients, whisking until very smooth. Add the cocoa mixture and dark chocolate chips.
*I used a greased brownie pan, which measures 8x12 and baked it for 35 minutes. If you use an 8x8, you will have to bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove them from the oven when the toothpick is still a little gooey. Let them cool to finish baking*





2 comments:

  1. These look so good Kelly!
    What made you think to do it that way? So creative!
    - Steph Bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I bought the garbanzo bean flour, at Wegman's, to have an alternative choice for baked goods for myself. I try to stay away from carbs so it makes it hard to have any goodies here and there. This was my "go-to" brownie recipe I have used for years but didn't want to use the butter and I wanted to add some plain yogurt for moisture. I've been adding yogurt to everything I've been baking lately! So there you have it. Just a few swtiches to make them a bit more "Kelly friendly" Let me know if you try them!

    ReplyDelete