Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ginger Snap Chocolate Chip Biscotti



Although I am not a longtime fan of biscotti, my love for coffee is growing as big as my love for any other food group! In my developing ritual of enjoying some french-pressed decaf at night, I began thinking of having something to add onto my coffee treat. Mainly for the evenings that we have good friends over for late night games of Settlers of Catan. So I passed quickly by scones, because seriously no one needs to be eating those at night, and stopped at the thoughts of biscotti. I found some basic recipes and went from there with my experimentation. I had chocolate chips, of course, and ginger snaps. The rest is just biscotti history! These are wonderful cruchy and perfect for dipping. The official description from my trusted guinea pigs was a cookie form of Mexican hot cocoa. In my own words..... divine!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coffee
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
7/8 cup unbleached sugar
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
8 crushed up ginger snaps
1 cup of chocolate chips

Mix the wet ingedients. Add the dry ingredients.

With wet hands form the dough into a square measuring the desired width of your biscotti.


Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Until firm.
LOWER OVEN temperature to 275 degrees.
Allow cookie square to cool until it is cool enough to touch. Then with a serrated knife, slice to the desired sized biscotti . Spread the sliced biscotti out around your baking sheet. And place back into the 275 degree oven for around 25 minutes or until your desired crunchiness!

Dunk and enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment