Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies

It has been a while since cookies have been baked in my house, I think they were getting ready to revolt! My Braughler boys love their cookies so to fill their love tanks a little on this HOT summer day, I decided to turn on the air and bake up some good old chocolate chip cookies. I mixed them up, scooped them out, and that's when I saw it.... the course sea salt that sits by my oven for cooking. I had recently had some dark chocolate with sea salt and fell in love, so I grabbed that salt and sprinkled it on 3 of the cookies to test it. I may never go back! This cookie is a wonderful combination of the classic cookie we all love but with this new theme of salted desserts that are coming about. So if you have some course sea salt then have at it and if you don't, immediately go to your local grocery store and buy some! It's not just for savory anymore!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
Ingredients:
2 sticks of softened butter
3/4 cup of unbleached sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups of unbleached flour
3/4 cup of whole wheat pastry flour (or whole wheat flour)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Course sea salt for sprinkling on top of cookies

Mix butter until very smooth. Add in sugars and vanilla and combine. Sift in flour, salt and baking soda. Mix to combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Scoop onto cookie sheet. Sprinkle with the course salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment