Monday, March 26, 2012

White Chocolate Blondies


There's a need for baked goods in my house but there's also a need for that baked good to be something that will not call my name until the last crumb has been eaten! Combined with my husbands recent confession of not loving all things chocolate, I decided to bake him some white chocolate brownies... blondies! And I'm happy to report that they did not talk to me once! They sure did smell delicious though. I introduced them to the vanilla bean ice cream and the two were happily accepted for dessert after our Sunday meal with my lovely in-laws. All was well with the world.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 of a bag of white chocolate chips

Combine the flour, salt and baking powder and white chocolate chips and set aside. Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Pour it into the mixing bowl with the brown sugar and vanilla. Mix on medium for a minute, until smooth and cooled a bit. Add in the egg while still mixing. Remove from mixer and fold dry ingredients into the butter mixture until combined. Pour into a greased 9x9 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 30-32 minutes. Check with toothpick. Do not overbake. Some baking will continue as they cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment