Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"The Pioneer Woman" White Chicken Enchiladas

                                                  


My husband took me to meet Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman. I made my first recipe from her book. This is how it began... yum!



And this is how it ended... yummy!


I used whole grain tortillas and boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Omitted the jalapeno and the sour cream and used only half of the heavy cream. I also added some salsa to the finished sauce. They were beyond delicious and beautiful too. I loved grilling the peppers and trying a new technique. Meeting Ree was an exciting day and she was as sweet and lovely as she seems when you watch her on her Food Network show. It was one homeschooling home cook mama to another. It was a great day!



2 comments:

  1. Kelly,

    These peppers are absolutely beautiful, and the plated~finished recipe is making my mouth water!! You do inspire me!!

    I've had so many wonderful experiences enjoying your creations, and am convinced that you have definately found, and use the secret ingredient too!! :)

    Everything you have created is delicious, and beautiful!! You graciously share your talent with so many, and they appreciate it tremendously!!

    I love you, and I am so proud of the woman (Wife~Mother~Cook~Daughter~Sister~Aunt~Friend)that you have become!! I am thankful that God gave me you as a daughter, and a true friend!!

    <3 Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you so much mom! Those words have such weight coming from you!!! I love sharing my love for creating yummy food. And I'm so blessed to have the family I do to share it with. I learned from your example! :)

    ReplyDelete