Monday, April 9, 2012

Avacado Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


When I heard a mention, on a friend's facebook, about chocolate chip cookies being made with avacados, instead of butter, I quickly made it a point to try it. My mom and future sister-in-law beat me to it but I didn't mind. I got to try these delicious cookies without having to clean up the mess. I made them again on my own and they are so delicious, completely worth doing some dishes! Moist and chocolatey with all the health benefits of avacado but without the hint of avacado flavor. The addition of oats gives them fiber and great texture. Plus who doesn't need a fun way to use up overly ripened avacados! Try these... you will be very glad you did.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Ingredients:
1 cup avocado beat until smooth and creamy
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup agave
3/4 cup unbleached sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup chocolate chips

With a mixer, beat the avacado until very smooth. Add the molasses, agave, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Once well combined, add in the dry ingredients. Mix on low until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake @ 350* for 12-15 mins until firm but still soft.




No comments:

Post a Comment