Thursday, September 19, 2013

Kale and Cabbage Sautee

 
 
 
If there was ever a vegetable that I would encourage people to not eat raw it would certainly be Kale. Except for being hidden in a delicious berry smoothie! Along with being baked into chips or floating in soup, it is equally delicious sautéed. This recipe is not only easy and nutritious but definitely delicious and worth trying as a side to your family's next meal. I served this with the Pan Seared Paprika Chicken and it was great.
 
Ingredients:
1 bunch of Kale
1 small onion
1/3 cup of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
2 cups of shredded or thinly sliced red cabbage
slivered almonds
1 tsp each of salt, pepper
1/2 tsp of paprika  
1 TBSP sugar or honey
 
*To process the kale, hold the stem of the kale in one hand, pull the leaves up and off the stalk. Once this is done with all the leaves, lay them together and fold them up. Dice into small pieces*
 
Dice the onion and sauté in olive oil on medium to low heat for a minute or so. Dice or zest, I use my small zester, the garlic into the onions. Add in the cabbage and kale. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and sweetener. Saute for 10 minutes and Enjoy!
 


 
 
*** The leftovers made the most wonderful stir-fry!!! Oh my goodness. I will just skip right to the stir-fry next time! ***
 
 
I added rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, a very small drop of sesame oil and a bit more sweetener. I finished it with toasted sesame seeds. It. Was. Awesome....



2 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! I love the crunch of nuts in stir fry recipes and sides. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking it out Gwen!

    ReplyDelete