Thursday, February 27, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter "Milkshake"


My family and I rely a lot on smoothies and "milk shakes" for snacks and meals. This is one my most favorites. It tastes nothing like health food! Please trust me on these ingredients and just give this a shot. It can be a meal or dessert...

Ingredients:
5-6 ice cubes
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla "Silk" almond milk- this brand has great ingredients
1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese
2 tsp of cocoa
2 tsp of a stevia blend- or any sweetener you enjoy.
heaping tsp of natural peanut butter- I use the Smucker's brand
1 scoop of Swanson's protein powder- again, great ingredients

Add all of the ingredients, except the protein powder, in a blender and blend until very, very smooth. Once it is blended, add the protein powder. This will turn it into a meal. You can enjoy this shake without it but it will not be as thick and creamy. 
 

Here is a link to the protein powder we use... I have several other smoothie variations here on my blog and we use this is each one. 
 



 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fab!! Thanks for sharing !! Is this an S? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this one is definitely an S. You could make it FP if you had the Defatted Peanut Flour.

    ReplyDelete