Monday, June 13, 2011

Cucumber, Feta and Cranberry Pasta Salad with a Citrus Vinegarette


One afternoon, I had a facebook friend ask me if I thought my citrus vinegarette recipe could be used as a pasta salad dressing. I had never thought of such a thing! I filled her in on the fact that it definitely would not work with the traditional ingredients that are usually put into a pasta salad, but if I came up with anything I would let her know...... well did I ever come up with anything! Delicious, light and refreshing. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
citrus vinegarette (posted in previous blog posting)
1/2 box of cooked pasta of your choice
1 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 container of crumbled feta cheese

Prepare the citrus vinegarette. Dice, very small, an english cucumber. (The ones wrapped in plastic, they aren't covered in gasoline. Yes it's true) Toss noodles with the cucumber, feta crumbles and dried cranberries. Pour a very generous amount of dressing on, the pasta will really soak it up. And toss together. Taste test to check your flavoring. Add a bit more dressing or even some salt and pepper if you need. Sprinkle with a bit more feta for presentation and serve. It's a wonderful addition to your summer picnic!







1 comment:

  1. yeah, i always buy the cucumbers wrapped in plastic now... the other ones are just SUPER waxy and you can't even eat the skin! can't wait for my OWN to grow in my garden! :-)

    ReplyDelete