Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Strawberry Banana Muffins


Well another day another baking experiment! I had some strawberries and old bananas that I needed to use and I began to think of the possibilities of putting them together. I mean strawberry-banana anything is a great thing if you ask me. But beyond smoothies or ice cream toppings, I have never considered the possibility of the combination in a baked good. The muffins were a success and very simple to put together. They are moist with a nice texture and filled with just the right amount of hint of strawberry and banana. Walking into spring and summer, I am sure this is not the last time I will be making this yummy treat so that my berries don't go to waste. Oh what a shame! I will have to make these again. ;)


Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 mashed bananas
10 (or so) strawberries diced
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Melt butter and set aside. Mix brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas together. In seperate bowl combine dry ingredients then fold strawberries into the flour mixture. Add dry into wet ingredients and stir gently. Fill muffin cups. Bake @ 350 for around 2o minutes. 








1 comment:

  1. Kelly, you DEFINITELY need to have some of the deep dark chocolate ice cream. It's heavenly. And it's totally worth it for a belated birthday. :D

    ReplyDelete