Saturday, February 19, 2011

Roasted Broccoli


Can you relate? The table is set, the kitchen is a mess, I sit at the table and tense up. I find myself holding my breath and pondering "Will they eat it? Will they like it? Is this meal going to end in frustration and hungry bellies?" But much to my huge and thrilling surprise, I escape that scenario when I make roasted broccoli!
As a mom, I have these moments of pure joy and a sense of accomplishment. This is one of those times!  It's a blessing to me to see my little one's mouths being stuffed with this vegetable and to end a meal with happy and full tummies. I hope it's a hit in your kids' tummies too. 

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

Ingredients:
2 crowns of broccoli
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Chop broccoli into small pieces and place in a 9x13 pan. Drizzle with Olive Oil. Sprinkle desired amount of salt and pepper. Toss with hands to coat all the broccoli. Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes until soft and roasted.  I love cauliflower tossed in this. It is prepared exactly the same way and comes out with a toasted nutty flavor.



No comments:

Post a Comment