Friday, October 28, 2011

Apple Cider Harvest Cookies


My son, Aden, and I visited an orchard this past week and at the end of the tour the lovely lady handed out cookies and cider. The crowd got quiet and then came the "OH yum!" and the "Oh my goodness!" comments. As I took a bite, I immediately chimed in with the group, adding my own admiration for the small taste of fall. It was a perfect way to end a great tour with my little guy... along with the smile on his face that came from his enjoyment of the day and the cookie!



Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Just under 1/2 cup olive oil (Original recipe used crisco, I always use Olive oil but a bit less)
1 1/3 brown sugar
1 egg
2 cups unbleached flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup quick oats
1 cup of finely chopped unpeeled apples
1 cup raisins
1/4 cup of cider

Cream olive oil, sugar, egg and cider. Mix dry ingredients and add to the mixer. Fold in apples and raisins. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Depending on oven and cookie size. The cookie will still look a bit wet and I think it's from the olive oil.



Learning that the bag would weigh as much as him after it was filled with apples!!!



Glaring sunshine! But such a lovely day with my little love!

No comments:

Post a Comment