Thursday, September 19, 2013

Slow Roasted Speghetti Sauce

 
 

Red Sauce....
My life revolves around a good red sauce! It could have everything to do with it being my number one craving while pregnant with both of my babies. I found myself with a bounty of tomatoes this summer and not enough time to do the old standby method of processing them. I decided to try this shortcut out and it worked perfectly for this busy mama! Hope you enjoy.
 
 
Preheat oven to 275 degrees
 
Ingredients:
Tomatoes
Olive Oil
Garlic Cloves
Seasonings of your choice
Sugar
 
*This recipe can be made with a small or large quantity of tomatoes. It's just adjusting the seasonings according to the amount*
 
Slice tomatoes and toss with olive oil. Spread in a single layer on a sheet pan.  Also add in 2-5 cloves of garlic, depending on your amount of tomatoes. Roast for 2 hours. Allow to cool and food process until smooth. Add salt, pepper, dried oregano, dried basil, red pepper flakes and sugar to taste. Don't be afraid to keep tasting and get it perfect. That's it! All done! So easy and delicious!
 




 
 




 



3 comments:

  1. I love this and can't wait to try it. I think I may throw in some Brown Sugar. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Thanks for looking at my blog! :) let me know if you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to try this next year! Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete