Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Honey and Cinnamon Sauteed Carrots

 

I came across a bag of local organic carrots at out health food store and along with slicing them up to go alongside my kids' lunches, I was wanting to use them in a new side dish also. When I was thinking through my evening meal of meatloaf and oven roasted potatoes, I had the inspiration of a simple and sweet carrot sauté. They turned out great and really could have been doubled as dessert!
 
Ingredients:
6-8 carrots- peeled and sliced into matchstick size
olive oil
salt and pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
 
Saute the carrots in the olive oil. Season them with salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes to soften and add the honey. Saute for another 5 minutes or until carrots are soft.

 
With the sweetness of the honey these are sure to be loved by the whole family
 


No comments:

Post a Comment