Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie



When I discovered this trick, I think it changed up the cookie game in our home forever! I had had skillet cookies out at restaurants, back in my sugar eating days, but had never made one myself and honestly this idea came out of simply not being in the mood to scoop a bunch of cookies that day! I know you will love these because even my teenage son, who does not have food restrictions, "mmmms" over this one. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients
1 stick of softened butter or 1/2 cup of vegan butter
1/4 cup of Pyure stevia blend
1 egg
1 3/4 cups of cashew flour
1/2 cup of collagen- adds a chewiness
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 a bag of stevia sweetened chocolate chips

Simply mix all of the ingredients in a bowl with a spoon and spread into a medium sized buttered cast iron skillet. Bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes. Until it's a bit browned and set in the center. You can eat warm but they stay pretty gooey until cooled. 

This cookie base would work with many other add ins. 
Add walnuts or pecans to the chocolate chips. 

*If you're not strictly keto then add some marshmallows for a s'mores version! 
Or you could skip the chocolate chips and add some whole oats and raisins, some orange zest and dried cranberries, lemon zest and dried blueberries. YUM! 


I have included the brands that I use for these. This Pyure brand tastes the best, in my opinion, and is organic and non gmo. I find the sweetener and the chocolate chips at Walmart. The collagen comes from Amazon. For me, collagen has been a great addition into my smoothies to give my body extra support. You can see the benefits in your hair, skin and nails! 




T








No comments:

Post a Comment