Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chicken Pita Quesadilla

 
 
On cold and snowy days, I think the most wonderful lunch is some type of sandwich that is warm, crunchy, cheesy and creamy.  This quesadilla covers all of those requirements! Plus it's so quick and easy to put together that your meal can be ready within minutes. I've done this also with black beans when I didn't have any chicken to use up. Both versions are equally as delicious and satisfying.
I find that the pita bread holds up to the hearty chicken filling and browns up as nicely as a tortilla.
 
Begin to warm up a cast iron skillet on medium/low heat.
 
Ingredients:
2 pita shells- I use Joseph's Pitas found in the Walmart bakery section.
1 sautéed chicken breast-I seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin.
salsa
cheddar cheese slices
guacamole
 
My chicken was leftover, so I diced it and reheated it in the skillet with olive oil. While it was warming, I spread the quacamole over one pita shell and cover with cheddar cheese. Spooned salsa over the cheese and placed the warmed chicken on the salsa. Add a bit more olive oil to the skillet and place the filled pita in. Cover with another pita shell and press a bit with a spatula. Cook for 2-3 minutes and gently flip to brown the other side. Press down while it's toasting up. Remove and slice with a pizza cutter. Enjoy!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment