Sunday, January 19, 2014

Peach Blueberry and Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins



I like the idea of morning muffins. You know, the kind that has everything in them that would be considered a well balanced breakfast. The idea of placing this in front of my children with a glass of milk in the morning makes this mommy's spirit release a sigh of peace... the same spirit that sometimes feels a bit crushed after the breakfast rush that leaves me feeling like a short order cook who also has to handle the waitressing! Can I get an Amen on that, parents?! I have used several ingredients that are sort of unusual and specific. If you any questions on them, please leave it in the comments. We'll discuss.
 
So here's to a few days of happy and peaceful breakfast moments that won't leave you feeling shorthanded!
Enjoy!
 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
 
Ingredients:
1 cup quick oats
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Add these two to a separate bowl and soak for ten minutes.


1 cup applesauce
1 cup brown rice syrup 
2 eggs
1/4 cup of plain yogurt
 
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup of ground flax seeds
The oat/almond mixture

2 cups of fresh blueberries
1 can of chopped canned peaches- The can I had was in it's own juice, not syrup.

I used my stand mixer and added the ingredients in as grouped. I folded in the fruit with a spatula so I did not end up mashing it through the batter. Top with a sprinkle of quick oats. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35  minutes or until tops are firm


These were so pretty! Husband and child approved...
 

 
 
These muffin cups were a Christmas gift from my thoughtful husband. He found them on www.pickyourplum.com. Beware. Approach this site at your own risk! It can get dangerously addictive!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment