Thursday, January 30, 2014

Purple Smoothie Popsicle

 
We've become a smoothie household. This is my kids favorite smoothie "flavor" They call it their purple monster smoothie. It is often the main part of their lunch meal. I happened to have some leftover last smoothie round and that's when the popsicle idea happened. What kid doesn't rejoice at the sound of the word popsicle? We mama's you'll rejoice at the sight of them slurping these wonderful blends of fruits, vegetable and other nutritional heroes down!
 
Popsicles you will WANT your kids to want!
 
Ingredients:
1 cup of water, milk or almond milk
1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
2 frozen bananas
2 big handfuls of fresh spinach
1/2 cup of plain yogurt- I make my own. I can explain in a comment if you're curios
2-3 TBSP ground flax seeds
 
Blend up super smooth in a blender and freeze in your favorite popsicle molds.
I used a BPA free set we got off of Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment